Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week one is done

Finished my first week of classes and it wasn't too bad. i realized that going to class tired is one thing, but going to class in a different language tired is a completely different thing. Its amazing how much more I understand when i get a good night's sleep beforehand. Now I just have to make myself go to sleep instead of watching movies and talking to all of you guys on facebook.

Yesterday I finally met some of the spanish guys. and i'm not saying finally because their good looking, ;) but because I can finally talk to people in spanish. I kept telling myself that i need to branch out from all of the americans, and yesterday I finally did..and now I just need to keep it up!

So here are some wierd things that i have found in Spain:
1. Beer and wine are cheaper than water
2. Communion church is shorter than regular church
3. Qtips are next to the cash register in the grocery store ( i searched for them FOREVER!)
4. Eggs are not refrigerated
5. Bromance is not frowned upon
6. You should sleep more than you should be awake

ooohhh spain!

1 comment:

  1. I found myself in the same predicament when I went to school in Brazil. I would stay up all night talking to new friends, watching movies, and staying in touch with my friends back home. The next mornining I would go to class and not absorb any information the teacher was giving us. Hope you get on track, don't lose your focus!!!! It's funny how Europeans, in general, are perceived as being so rich, intellectual, and fashion savvy but, but if beer and wine were cheap in America as it is over there...I'm sure things would change over here. It's the same in Brazil.....you can get liquor for $1-3 reals and about the same for water.....lol

    ReplyDelete