Wednesday, December 23, 2009

scotland!!!

So far, scotland has been my favorite place. I guess i've only seen scotland and ireland so far...but, i'm in germany now and i still think i like scotland better. We spent the first two days staying with Penny Turbull and her family. Penny works with my dad but she works out of her home in scotland. Her family was so great driving us around and feeding us food and making us feel nice at home. Their house was actually an 1800's hotel that was turned into a house and it was beautiful.

Penny took us to Glamis castle the first day, which is going up into the scottish highlands. The clastle was huge and beautiful, but it was FREEZING cold. I can't even imagine living in a house as cold as that. We saw heeland cuhs (howland cows) and they are so cute and we tried the scottish food. We tried crumpets, mince pies, haggis (lamb liver and kidney), and my favorite, mulled wine:] And all of the food was good-even the haggis!

We also stayed in Edinburgh (pronounced Edinbra) for a few days and we saw the edinburgh castle, the royal mile, did some serious shopping at H&M (HUGE SALES!) and saw the german christmas market. Edinburgh was so beautiful...well actually, all of scotland was beautiful and I really want to go back in the summer and see everything all green!

I GET TO SEE EMILY, DAD, and ORLY TOMORROW!! YESSSSSSS!!! :]]]]]]]

No comments:

Post a Comment